Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Durango, Colorado Realtor Has The Method

This is not really a new idea, as I have been doing this for almost 10 years for my clients. The new twist, however, is the ability to have your IRA borrow money to help you in the acquisition of that real estate. This past May my Team along with The Bank of Colorado and Entrust New Direction IRA held a seminar at the college and we discussed this concept at length. I had the program videoed and would be happy to share a copy with you. Just send me an e-mail with your mailing address and we will get one right out to you. The very short version of how this works is this: (1) Your retirement account needs to be the type that allows you to hold real estate in it. That may require you to move it to a different company and we can help with that. (2) The property must be for INVESTMENT purposes. You cannot live in it, nor can your children or parents. Aunts, uncles or your brothers or sisters could be tenants, however. (3) It could be vacant land that produces no income, but is held strictly for appreciation purposes. (4) Especially good properties for this purpose would be “fix and flip” homes where you take a few months to fix and repair it, then sell it for a short term profit in a couple of months. Since the IRA holds the title and the IRA’s investments do not pay taxes at the time the profit is realized (there are some exceptions to this), you can see where this vehicle could be very helpful.

For additional information, please contact Rick Lorenz CRS, ABR Broker with Team Lorenz @ The Wells Group. website: http://www.BuyDurango.com or via e-nmail at Rick@BuyDurango.com or toll free at 1-800-955-0259.

No comments: